Saturday, August 1, 2009

Birthday on a Budget and Bags from scraps.

Betsy's Brown Polka Birthday.
Kady had a birthday party this morning at nine. I knew about the party for about a week. Of course I was super busy this week working on bindings, celebrating birthdays, going to funerals, etc., etc., and did not get around to putting a gift together until this morning. I have made aprons and chef hats for the other little four-year old birthdays in her playschool. So we threw in a crayon rollup and bag (which doubled as a gift bag) for good measure. Of course you can't see it in the picture, but I added a little bling to each polka dot on the chef hat.

The blessing of this procrastinated project was I used stuff that I had. Otherwise, you know that I would have chosen to run to the store to get a cute little coordinating print for the polka dot. Which would have resulted in the purchase of all new fabric for the project and an entirely different project. The same result would have most likely occurred--rushing to finish the project by 8:59 a.m.

No comments: